Terms & Conditions - Fantasy League Classic Euro 2012
Last Updated: 16th May, 2012
1. By entering the Fantasy League Classic Euro 2012 game (the "Game") through the website located at http://www.fantasyleague.com (the "Website) and associated domains, you are bound to play within the Terms & Conditions of the Game as specified by Fantasy League Limited ("Fantasy League").
2. Entries received after 17:00 BST on Friday 8th June 2012 will score points from matches played after the entries are received. Player points scored from matches played prior to entry will not be added retrospectively.
3. Entries will only be accepted upon full payment of any fees due. If any payment is found to be invalid or not of the correct amount, teams associated with invalid or incorrect payments will be removed.
4. Entrants under the age of 18 are not permitted to enter the Game. Proof of age may be required as confirmation of eligibility prior to any prize being awarded.
5. Strictly no entries can be accepted from countries where betting or gambling is not permitted.
6. The entry fee for the Game is £5.00 (Sterling). A full refund, if requested with a valid reason, can be made within 7 days of purchase.
7. There is no limit to the number of entries per person.
8. Incorrect, incomplete or corrupted entries will not be accepted. The computer record of the entry will be considered to be the entry. The decision of Fantasy League is final.
9. Fantasy League reserves the right to refuse to accept team names that are felt in its sole opinion to be inappropriate or offensive. Unsuitable names will be altered to the username of the team's manager.
10. The players included on the player list and their positional classifications have been determined by Fantasy League. Fantasy League will not enter into any correspondence relating to details of the player list, nor will they accept the inclusion into a team of any player not on the published list. New players will be added to the player list, if they come into their international squads, at the discretion of Fantasy League.
11. Entrants will score points as follows:
3 points for every goal scored (not own goals) by one of your players
2 points for every assist (goal made) by one of your players
1 appearance point for a goalkeeper or defender playing 45 minutes or more of a match
2 additional points for a goalkeeper or defender who does not concede a goal whilst on the pitch, providing they play for 75 completed minutes or more (i.e. they can't be substituted before the 76th minute. Goalkeepers and defenders will lose 1 point for every goal conceded whilst they are on the pitch. Goalkeepers and defenders that receive red cards can lose points after they are sent off. If a player is sent off and his team concedes goals after his dismissal, he continues to lose the points that his teammates do. If the goalkeeper or defender is sent off and his team keep a clean sheet, he keeps the points as at the time he was sent off.
12. A player scores an assist by making the last completed pass to a goalscorer before a goal is scored, and is only applicable to members of the scoring team. If the last touch before a goal scorer is by an opposing player and the touch significantly alters the speed or direction of the ball (excluding a goal-line clearance), then no assist is given. If the last touch before a goal scorer is from a team-mate but his touch does not significantly alter the speed or direction of the ball, then two separate assists are given, one for each of the players setting up the goal. No assist is given for a player who earns a free kick that subsequently results in a goal. In the event of a penalty, the fouled player gets an assist if the penalty kick (during regulation time and extra-time) is successfully scored, unless the fouled player is also the goalscorer, in which case no assist is given. No assist is given for a player who earns a free kick that subsequently results in a goal. If a goalkeeper parries a shot or drops a cross, the attacking player shooting or crossing the ball receives the assist if a goal directly ensues. The only time a goalkeeper removes the assist is if he intentionally punches the ball out as he is judged to have been in control of the ball. The decision of Fantasy League will be final on all these matters.
13. There is no restriction with regard to the number of substitutions allowed. A maximum of five transfers are permitted per Game Phase during the tournament, with a total allocation of 15 transfers for the tournament. Transfers are unlimited before 17:00 BST on Friday 8th June. The number of available transfers goes down by three at the end of each game phase, i.e. entries made before or during Game Phase 1 have 15 transfers, entries made during Game Phase 2 have 12 transfers, entries made during Game Phase 3 have nine transfers, entries made during Game Phase 4 have six transfers, and entries made during Game Phase 5 have three transfers.
14. The rules, point structure, player lists and assist awards scheme are all copyright Fantasy League. No information may be reproduced in any format without prior written consent from Fantasy League.
15. Informative and explanatory copy relating to Fantasy League, including the scoring system and rules, form part of the Terms & Conditions of the Game.
16. The Game is not open to employees of Fantasy League or associated companies, their relatives, agents or agents' relatives without prior express permission of Fantasy League. Any such entries will be ineligible for any prizes won as a result of entry into the Game. Should this be the case, the prize will be won by the person deemed runner-up for the prize in question.
17. Fantasy League reserve the right themselves to refuse to accept any entry which, in their opinion, does not comply with the rules and regulations of the competition or which contravenes the spirit of the Game. Fantasy League further have an absolute discretion to disqualify any entry, or vary, amend or waive the rules of the competition at any time and participants agree that no liability shall attach to Fantasy League as a result thereof and that the exercise of such discretion shall not result in any compensation being payable or paid to any participant. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
18. Any site users or managers found to be attempting or suspected of attempting to hack into any servers or systems run by Fantasy League will be immediately removed from the system and have any subscriptions or payments cancelled. Such users will have no recourse to any refunds and Fantasy League reserves the right to report the matter to the relevant authorities.
19. Prizes are allocated as detailed on the Prizes page (/ClassicEuro/Content/Prizes.aspx). In the event that two or more entries have the same points for a particular prize eligibility, then goals scored followed by assists are taken into account to find an overall winner. In the event that there is still no clear winner, the earliest entrant of the tied teams will be deemed the winner. No alternative prizes are available and prizes are not transferable.
20. At Fantasy League's discretion, cash alternatives may be offered in place of the specific prizes. Such cash alternatives may have to be taken by winners. If this is the case, then the winner agrees to accept the offered cash alternative prize. The value of cash alternatives will always be rounded as a whole unit.
21. Delivery of non-cash prizes is included within the United Kingdom only. Winners living overseas are liable for the extra shipping expenses and all related import and export duties, taxes and levies.
22. For cash and cash-alternative prizes, payment will only be made to the person who submitted details originally submitted on the registration form at the time of entry to the game (or as they have subsequently amended). Fantasy League will only pay by direct bank transfer or as a refund to the payment card (debit or credit) originally used to purchase the entry that has won the prize in question. Associated banking charges will be deducted from the prize should they arise; Fantasy League will endeavour to inform the winner and discuss chargeless alternatives.
23. Winners will be contacted at the email address they have provided as part of their registration for the Game. Winners will have 10 working days to respond to their email notification and claim their prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of their prize. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if any prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and no supplementary winner will be contacted.
24. The prize pools in the Game are predetermined and not dependent on the number of entries. There is therefore no deduction from any of the available pools for overheads, taxes, profits or any other purpose.