Under the terms of the Gambling Act of 2005, pay to enter fantasy games are formally recognised as a form of gambling as of 1st September 2007. Fantasy League is committed to endorsing a responsible attitude among its users; our Responsible Gaming Policy sets out our commitment to ensuring we fully comply with obligations to protect users and ensure that our pay to enter fantasy games are compliant with all laws and regulations.
We believe it is our responsibility to you to ensure that you enjoy your gaming experience with Fantasy League, while remaining fully aware of the social and financial harms associated with problem gambling.
In order to assist our users in gambling responsibly, we have provided the following information and features on our site.
- Self-exclusion tools
- Links to GamCare and other help organisations
- Self help and awareness information
- Information and tools to protect underage access
- Play our games only as a form of entertainment.
- Buy entries within your own, personal budget.
- Keep your account details, including passwords, safe.
Whilst the majority of our users play our games within their means, for some it can be more difficult. To better maintain control, we would ask you to bear the following points in mind:
- Gamble in moderation and as a form of leisure, not a way of making money.
- Avoid chasing your losses.
- Only gamble when you can cover your losses.
- Keep track of the time you spend and monitor the amount of money you spend.
- Use your self-exclusion options if you need a break.
- If you need to talk to someone about your problem, see the relevant section below for contact details.
Do You Have A Problem?
If you become concerned that playing our games is having a negative impact on yours or someone else's life, then ask yourself the following questions:
- Does gambling prevent you from attending work, school or college?
- Do you gamble to pass the time?
- Do you gamble until you have lost all of your money?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money and time you have spent gambling?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed to maintain your gambling habits?
- Are you reluctact to spend your gambling budget on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in family and friends?
- Do you try and recoup your losses as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustation and disappointment make you want to gamble?
- Does gambling make you depressed or even suicidal?
To speak to someone, see the relevant section below.
Should you need to take a break from Fantasy League, self-exclusion is available. Self-exclusion means that you will not be able to access our websites and/or games for a minimum period of 6 months up to a maximum period of 5 years. A written request (after the 6 month period has elapsed) is required before re-access can be considered.
To self-exclude, please contact our games management team at email@example.com, who will set this in place for you.
To speak with someone who can give you advice and support, please contact one of the organisations detailed below.
GamCare, the leading authority providing counselling, advice and practical help in addressing the social impact of gambling in the UK, can be visited at: www.gamcare.org.uk
Its confidential helpline is: 0845 6000 133. Non-UK residents can contact GamCare for details of international support organisations.
- Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who have joined together to do something about their own gambling problem and help other compulsive gamblers do the same. There are regional fellowships around the world. The Gamblers Anonymous international service site is at: www.gamblersanonymous.org
- Gambling Therapy provides support and counselling for anyone adversely affected by gambling. Members of the Gambling Therapy Team operates from locations both within the UK and internationally. Its site can be accessed at: www.gamblingtherapy.org
Over 18s Only
In the United Kingdom it is illegal for someone who is under the age of 18 to gamble. Fantasy League's pay to enter games are only open to entrants aged 18 or over at the time of registration.
Fantasy League reserves the right to ask for proof of age from any entrants and to carry out checks to verify the information provided. User accounts and associated entries may be suspended, and winnings (if applicable) withheld, until satisfactory proof of age is provided. If anyone under the age of 18 is found to have entered any game within the United Kingdom, then their account will be closed with immediate effect and all winnings will be forfeited. The legal gambling age varies according to country, we advise you to carry out local research. Please note that winnings will only be paid to the named winner.
There are a number of third part applications that parents or guardians can use to monitor or restrict the use of their computer’s access to the internet, including:
* Net Nanny filtering software protects children from inappropriate web content: www.netnanny.com
* CYBERsitter filtering software allows parents to add their own sites to block: www.cybersitter.com
Fantasy League is licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission. License #: 000-002702-R-103451-001