Terms & Conditions - Fantasy League Professional
Last Updated: 12th July, 2012
1. By entering Fantasy League Professional (the "Game") through the website located at http://www.fantasyleague.com (the "Website) and associated domains, you are bound to play within the Terms & Conditions of the Game as specified by Fantasy League Limited ("Fantasy League").
2. Entries received after 15:00 BST on Saturday 18th August 2012 will score points from matches played after the entries are received. Player points scored from matches played prior to entry will not be added retrospectively.
3. Entries will only be accepted upon full payment of any fees due. If any payment is found to be invalid or not of the correct amount, teams associated with invalid or incorrect payments will be removed.
4. The entry fee for the Game is £27 (Standard), £29 (Standard + League Series), £34 (Interactive) or £39 (Premium) per team entry dependant on package purchased. A full refund, if requested with a valid reason, can be made within 7 days of purchase. Separate fee structures may have been negotiated with leagues outside of these standardised prices.
5. There is no limit to the number of entries per person.
6. Incorrect, incomplete or corrupted entries will not be accepted. The computer record of the entry will be considered to be the entry. The decision of Fantasy League is final.
7. Fantasy League reserves the right to refuse to accept team names that are felt in its sole opinion to be inappropriate or offensive. Unsuitable names will be altered to the username of the team's manager.
8. The players included on the player list and their positional classifications have been determined by Fantasy League. Fantasy League will not enter into any correspondence relating to details of the player list, nor will they accept the inclusion into a team of any player not on the published list. New players will be added to the player list if they come into first team reckoning at a Premier League club at the discretion of Fantasy League. Players changing clubs within the Premier League will also change clubs on the player list. However, this will not invalidate a team if two players from the new club are already owned. The new club will however be taken into account when making any transfers into a team.
9. Entrants will score points as follows:
3 points for every goal scored (not own goals) by one of your players
2 points for every assist (goal made) by one of your players
1 appearance point for a goalkeeper or defender playing 45 minutes or more of a match
2 additional points for a goalkeeper or defender who does not concede a goal whilst on the pitch, providing they play for 75 completed minutes or more (i.e. they can't be substituted before the 76th minute. Goalkeepers and defenders will lose 1 point for every goal conceded whilst they are on the pitch. Goalkeepers and defenders that receive red cards can lose points after they are sent off. If a player is sent off and his team concedes goals after his dismissal, he continues to lose the points that his teammates do. If the goalkeeper or defender is sent off and his team keep a clean sheet, he keeps the points as at the time he was sent off.
10. A player scores an assist by making the last completed pass to a goalscorer before a goal is scored, and is only applicable to members of the scoring team. If the last touch before a goal scorer is by an opposing player and the touch significantly alters the speed or direction of the ball (excluding a goal-line clearance), then no assist is given. If the last touch before a goal scorer is from a team-mate but his touch does not significantly alter the speed or direction of the ball, then two separate assists are given, one for each of the players setting up the goal. No assist is given for a player who earns a free kick that subsequently results in a goal. In the event of a penalty, the fouled player gets an assist if the penalty kick is successfully scored, unless the fouled player is also the goalscorer, in which case no assist is given. No assist is given for a player who earns a free kick that subsequently results in a goal. If a goalkeeper parries a shot or drops a cross, the attacking player shooting or crossing the ball receives the assist if a goal directly ensues. The only time a goalkeeper removes the assist is if he intentionally punches the ball out as he is judged to have been in control of the ball. The decision of Fantasy League will be final on all these matters.
11. The rules, point structure, player lists and assist awards scheme are all copyright Fantasy League. No information may be reproduced in any format without prior written consent from Fantasy League.
12. Informative and explanatory copy relating to Fantasy League, including the scoring system and rules, form part of the Terms & Conditions of the Game.
13. Fantasy League reserve the right themselves to refuse to accept any entry which, in their opinion, does not comply with the rules and regulations of the competition or which contravenes the spirit of the Game. Fantasy League further have an absolute discretion to disqualify any entry, or vary, amend or waive the rules of the competition at any time and participants agree that no liability shall attach to Fantasy League as a result thereof and that the exercise of such discretion shall not result in any compensation being payable or paid to any participant. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
14. Any site users or managers found to be attempting or suspected of attempting to hack into any servers or systems run by Fantasy League will be immediately removed from the system and have any subscriptions or payments cancelled. Such users will have no recourse to any refunds and Fantasy League reserves the right to report the matter to the relevant authorities.
15. No monetary prizes will be awarded to Professional managers. However, medals and trophies are allocated to leagues as described on the Prices & Packages page.
16. By submitting a team into a Free Trial league, you accept the Free Trial offer and consent to us closing off access to the Fantasy League Professional service after the end of the Free Trial Period. If you decide that you want to become a paying user upon the lapse of the Free Trial Period, you will need to submit payment for the product in order to continue. You may only use this Free Trial offer once. Fantasy League reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to withdraw or to modify this Free Trial offer and the terms and conditions associated with it at any time without prior notice and with no liability.
17. The Member Get Member offer is available exclusively for website referrals to Fantasy League Professional and is open to all Fantasy League Professional participants in the 2012-13 season. The referred league must enter the appropriate referral code into the Create Division page in order for any benefits relating to the referring to be accrued accordingly. Fantasy League accepts no liability if the procedure detailed is not follow. Referrers will be assigned a special Referral Code to enable this tracking process; the Referral Code needs to be supplied to all potential referees. In order to qualify, new members must have never been a registered user of Fantasy League or entered a team into Fantasy League Classic, Pro (including the World Cup and Euro editions) within the past 3 years.
Member Get Member rewards, detailed as 50% of the referrer's single team entry fee for the 2012-13 season, for two teams, will be applied only if a new division is created with the appropriate Referral Code and that the division has a minimum of 5 fully paid up teams. Referrers will be entitled to a maximum of two rewards. Fantasy League reserves the right to change, add or amend the Member Get Member offer and terms or to suspend this prommotion without prior notice.